North Circumpolar Region Map
Canada is vast, boasting a diverse range of distinct regions and landscapes. Living in one of the northernmost and largest countries in the world, helps provide Canadians with a unique perspective on our country’s geography. To help showcase Canada’s dynamic Arctic landscape, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) released an updated version of the North Circumpolar Map.
This unique bilingual North Circumpolar Region map is viewed from a different angle then most maps, using the azimuthal equidistant projection with the geographic North Pole serving as the central point of the map. Created at a scale of 1:9 000 000 the map contains detailed geographical information on all Arctic regions (north of approximately 55 degrees latitude), including Canada, Russia, Greenland, Northern European countries, and the state of Alaska.The North Circumpolar Map provides Canadians with a detailed glimpse of our northern geography, including a number of labelled physiographic and hydrographic features. New map features include revised roads and railways, updated glacier data, as well as the introduction of dual names that take into account both European and Indigenous origins.
We encourage all Canadians to take advantage of this free high resolution map available for download from NRCAN and help promote a unique perspective of our prodigious nation.
Download ‘Map of the North Circumpolar Region‘
- Reference number: MCR0001
- Size: 36 inches by 42.625 inches or 91.5 centimetres by 108.3 centimetres
- Scale: 1:9 000 000 Published: 2017
- Download: North Circumpolar Region Map (2017) – Bilingual PDF
Share this entry
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info
Latest Geomatics Sector News, Events, Geo Books and more
- Geo-technologies for Resource Management Conference and COGS Industry ExpoDecember 4, 2019 - 11:01 am
- Plex.Earth Timeviews Empowers Professionals with Satellite ImageryNovember 13, 2019 - 4:35 pm
- Touch GIS, New Data Collection ToolNovember 13, 2019 - 3:44 pm
- Novlum releases uniTank for Storage Tank Laser Scan Analysis and ReportingNovember 6, 2019 - 12:04 pm