Unmanned Vehicle Systems for Geomatics
We are pleased to announce that Unmanned Vehicle Systems for Geomatics, towards robotic mapping by Assoc. Professor Costas Armenakis, York University, Toronto and Professor Petros Patias, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki is now published.
- A systematic and comprehensive approach for the use of small mobile unmanned systems for robotic geomatics research and applications
- Presents the state-of-the-art use of low cost unmanned vehicle systems (UVS) with emphasis on the unmanned aerial systems (UAS) for geomatics technologies and practices
- Contains the most recent developments in methods, systems and innovative applications
This book contributes to the transformative and revolutionary use of small, unmanned vehicle systems for three-dimensional geospatial data acquisition and mapping, which is considered to be a paradigm shift in the science and technology of geomatics.
It presents a systematic and comprehensive approach for the use of small mobile unmanned systems for robotic geomatics research and applications. Emphasis is placed on aerial unmanned mapping systems as aerial data collection provides better perspective and coverage of an area, and offers the ability for targeted coverage.
After considering background information on current systems and technologies, the book presents photogrammetric fundamentals and advanced methodologies, addresses both platform and control segments, discusses sensors, communication, and payload aspects, emphasizes automatic aspects of sensor localization and exploration and mapping of the environment. It offers several application cases, from monitoring changes in arctic regions to precision agriculture and archaeology, presents challenges and emerging technologies and discusses the market trends and the road map ahead.
Share this Page to Help us Promote Canadian Geography
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info
Latest Geomatics Sector News, Events, Geo Books and more
- Geo-technologies for Resource Management Conference and COGS Industry ExpoNovember 7, 2019 - 8:41 am
- Novlum releases uniTank for Storage Tank Laser Scan Analysis and ReportingNovember 6, 2019 - 12:04 pm
- MicroSurvey CAD 2020November 5, 2019 - 9:07 am
- Lethbridge College Geomatics Program Receives National AccreditationNovember 2, 2019 - 12:50 pm