Historic Maps of Prince Edward Island
The “Island Register” website is an amazing online resource for Historic Maps of Prince Edward Island (PEI) and information on PEI genealogy. They have a database with more then 1150 lineages and 4500 documents, including photos, atlases, maps, ship-logs and much more.
Some of the online historical maps available that you can download and print include:
- 1744 Dressée sur les Manuscrits du Dépost des Cartes et Plans de la Marine
- Plan of the Island of St. John – from Samuel J. Holland and his survey of St. John’s Island showing Proposed Lots and Parishes (map shown above)
- 1800 Map of British North America
- 1832 M’Gregor Map of Prince Edward Island
- 1878 Railway and Postal Map of Prince Edward Island
[page originally published: Feb 25, 2015]
Other Prince Edward Island Historic Maps
- 1852 Map of Prince Edward Island by George Wright [found map included on the City of Quinte West Historical Map List]
- 1878 Panoramic View of Charlottetown
- David Rumsey map collection Various historic maps from different sources, scanned and available online to view and download for free
- 1880 Illustrated Historical Atlas of the Province of Prince Edward Island
- 1929 Animated Map of Prince Edward Island
- Historic aerial photos spanning across Prince Edward Island. Photos available for the following years: 1935, 1958, 1974, 1990, 2000.
- Historic Map Works, Residential Genealogy™ historical map collection [Note this collection of historical are free to view online, but cost to print/download]
Looking for more Historic Maps of Prince Edward Island …
We would love to have more historic maps of Prince Edward Island included on this page. Therefore if anyone knows of other sources of PEI old maps then we would love for you to share that info with us, so we can share it with our the geospatial community.
Browse More Geospatial Resources:
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info