GEO Jobe (www.geo-jobe.com), a leading GIS software and geospatial solutions provider and developers of Admin Tools, Mapfolio, and the GEOpowered Cloud for ArcGIS, is pleased to welcome Courtney Kirkham to the team in the role of Jr. Application Developer.
Online Web mapping involves designing, implementing, generating and delivering maps to end users via the Internet through common web browsers, allowing people to use maps interactively with out needing high end software. Web GIS is very similar to web mapping but provides analysis, data processing, publishing and other GIS abilities. Often these two terms are used synonymously, even if they are not exactly the same product. None the less both have been increasing exposure over the past few years, a major accomplishment for the GIS industry and since Web mapping can not exist without GIS, (and for simplicity) we have combined these all into one category here on the site.
Our web mapping section examines the various online web mapping and web GIS applications that have been created all across Canada.
Some of ones that we have covered are ones that we use on a regular basis, some that we stumbled across and some have been submitted to us by others. So as you browse through the our Web mapping section category you will find that are a wide array of online mapping applications with Canadian content being offered via the internet from Nova Scotia to British Columbia.
Some notable one that has been covered so far includes:
- GEONB – New Brunswick online aerial imagery & maps
- City of Prince George online PGMap Application
- The Regina Online Culture Map
- Trans Canada Trail – interactive web map
- The Falls Viewer – Niagara Falls Online Maps
Our aim is to continue covering all the great Online Web mapping in Canada so we would love for others to submit online web mapping applications that either they have created themselves or ones that they are aware of but we have yet to cover on our site. Simply use the form below …
What: Free 30-minute webinar about Web GIS through the iVAULT Administrator Module
When: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM PST
Plan to attend a free 30-minute webinar where you can learn how easily your organization can configure a Web GIS Portal without any additional development cost. iVAULT is a self-service Web GIS application that can help you make better, more informed decisions for your organization. Without any consultancy services, a Web GIS can be configured by your organization through the iVAULT Administrator Module.
Enhance security, increase analytics capabilities and personalization and integrate with third party involvement by:
• Managing role-based access for user groups and configure access to specific attributes, map layers and reports for each group
• Configuring your brand, site layout, task panel, languages, tool bars, and database searches
• Connecting to Bing, Google, Yahoo, Open StreetMap, Esri and other base map services
• Setting up detailed database searches and enable application-level integrations
Do you want to learn more? Register now and don’t miss this opportunity. To find out more and register see https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/884235279 or visit iVAULT Website for additional information: http://ivault.pat.ca
MISA BC Conference, Mission, BC – iVAULT 5.0 brings web GIS into the Information Technology (IT) mainstream. This major new iVAULT release allows clients to use their web GIS publishing engine of choice, providing IT Managers with flexibility previously not available from web GIS. iVAULT 5.0 has a new consolidated administrative interface, allowing our customers to seamlessly move between publishing engines from Esri, Autodesk, Google and the open source community.
The new active directory integration further eases web GIS administration by using existing credentials for logging into iVAULT. Finally, the new form designer provides easy configuration of iVAULT’s web forms allowing the IT Department to better support the user’s existing workflows.
IT Managers will also be pleased with iVAULT 5.0’s new integration engine to configure application-level integrations – eliminating messy data duplication. In addition, with iVAULT 5.0’s certified application level integrations, our customers can rest assured that their supported integrations are being maintained with each new release of iVAULT and their integrated business systems.
Increased Return on Investment
Many of the improvements in iVAULT 5.0 provide the benefits of Web GIS at a reduced cost to the organization.
- Liberate your application development from expensive consultants
- Configure the Web GIS yourself
- Deploy easily and fast
- Reduce costs of desktop software licenses
Combine Distributed Data Sources
iVAULT 5.0 aggregates publicly available data from sources like Bing, Google, Esri and Open Street Maps together with your corporate data to facilitate your decision-making process.
- Use powerful analytics and work management capabilities to source revenue that has been hidden in your databases
- Enable hyperlinking to web based document management systems to deliver service cards, as-built drawings, etc. to your web GIS
Increase Community and Client Engagement
iVAULT 5.0 integrates crowd sourced data to provide the latest information through your web GIS. Very quick and responsive, this can be the best way to source rapidly developing information in an emergency situation.
- Map social media feeds (Twitter, YouTube and Flickr)
- Link to online map services from ArcGIS Online and Community Maps
- Enable collaborative mapping. Share data internally and with customers
- Work across browsers and operating systems
Deliver the reports you need through the Web GIS
Infrastructure information is important to many members of your organization. Municipalities have gotten on-board with the document delivery capabilities of iVAULT to produce reports required to meet regulatory compliance like PSAB 3150.
- Search, query, edit, report, and view data from multiple business systems and locations using the iVAULT Web Module
- Populate standard data into your database by editing forms
- Produce reports easily, from mailing labels to asset inventories
- Locate field assets and track maintenance from any location
Make it Personal
A personal experience is a better user experience.
- Personalize and brand your own Web GIS system
- Manage access, reporting and editing of the database based on user login
- Configure your own forms with the standard controls built in the form generator
iVAULT has an innovative modular framework:
- Administrator Module: enables your organization to configure all aspects of the Web GIS
- Data Editing Module: enhances your reporting, sharing and updating capabilities
- Analytics Module: provides enhanced analytics tools for better decision-making
- Integration Module: rapidly integrates your data and systems
- Cloud Module: allows organizations to produce, edit, store and manage maps, data and other geospatial information through a cloud-based geospatial content management system
- eCommerce Module: Save money, time and resources by monetizing your web-based GIS services.
Pacific Alliance Technologies (PAT) is a leading provider of CAD, GIS, Web GIS and asset management software, specializing in the customization, implementation, training and support of these solutions. The company’s mission is “To develop and implement GIS and Asset Management solutions that will help sharpen your competitive edge, enhance strategic planning and decision making, and increase your organization’s productivity. We configure our solutions to meet your needs.”
iVAULT is PAT’s Web GIS solution that allows organizations to easily benefit from linking their existing data to a location. iVAULT is compatible with leading technologies: ArcGIS, MapGuide and Google. iVAULT is also easily integrated with financial and asset management software products.
For more information, call at 1.877.691.9171, ext.2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Content provided by Pacific Alliance Technologies]
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info
Latest Geomatics Sector News, Events, Geo Books and more
- BC Economic Atlas now provides Save Project functionalitySeptember 14, 2018 - 10:48 pm
- NCIA Awards Upgrade of GIS Increment Contract to Compusult LimitedSeptember 7, 2018 - 10:14 pm
- Spatial Epidemiology and Outbreak DetectionAugust 9, 2018 - 2:35 pm
- Geomatics Atlantic Oceans of DataJuly 4, 2018 - 9:16 pm