The theme this year is Geomatics Atlantic: Oceans of Data which will be the biggest cross-sector oceans conference in Atlantic Canada, capitalizing on the current energy and investment in the ocean sector.
Every year MGUG host their annual Fall Conference that brings together over 300 GIS professionals from the private sector, government, non profits, and academics. This year the MGUG Fall Conference will take place at the Club Regent Event Centre in Winnipeg on October 17.
PCI Geomatics will be hosting a User Group Meeting on November 15th in conjunction with a special event to celebrate PCI Geomatics’s 35 years in the Geospatial industry. This is a Free Event, but you need to register to reserve your spot.
Survey Training Program for GIS Grads
This year, GoGeomatics is launching a brand new geomatics training program in Canada with some great benefits for both graduates and industry in the Canadian geospatial sector.
The 4-6 week entry level Survey Training Program will help retrain qualified GIS and geography graduates to work in the highly lucrative, in-demand field of surveying.
Best of all the new GoGeomatics survey training program will be free for all participants, and will also guarantee students a geomatics job when they have successfully completed the program.
More details about the program including how to apply can be found here
- Sponsored tuition
- Sponsored room-and-board
- Guarantee of a job when you graduate
- Exciting, lucrative career path in Canada’s geospatial industry
Benefits to Geomatics Industry:
- A curriculum tailored to your needs
- Two positions: Field and Office Technician
- Highly motivated recruits
- Commitment of a fixed work term (minimum 1 year)
- Take the uncertainty out of your HR costs
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info
Latest Geomatics Sector News, Events, Geo Books and more
- Submit Your Geospatial ResumeJanuary 19, 2019 - 7:01 pm
- Become a Presenter at Blue Marble’s 2019 Virtual User ConferenceDecember 11, 2018 - 8:20 pm
- How to create the most realistic 3D vehicle simulations in Google Earth [free webinar]December 4, 2018 - 8:43 pm
- Government of CanadaGeoConnections announces the Invitation for Projects for Fiscal Years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020November 30, 2018 - 1:21 pm