MicroSurvey, part of Hexagon recently announced the release of MicroSurvey CAD 2020 which provides users the choice between several tiers of features to ensure they are getting precisely the tools and price point they need …
Spatial Manager™ Version 3 Released
A new version 3.0 of Spatial Manager™ has been released. It comes full of interesting innovations and all the users will enjoy the best Spatial Manager™ applications suite published so far.
Try it for free or update your existing software applications.
Powerful and Easy to use Background Maps
If you are an AutoCAD (v.2008 – v.2017) or BricsCAD (v.13 – v.16) user, you can now choose from among many different backgrounds maps from many providers such as OpenStreetMap, Bing, MapBox, etc. Backgrounds maps will enhance drawing quality and allow users to compare and check better data.
Data Structure Management and Direct Data Edition
Design and edit the Structure that will be used to store the data attached to the objects. Manage the Tables and the Fields according to your needs. You will also find new Tools available to Attach, Detach and Select data. The data attached to the objects (EEDs/XDATA) is no longer read-only data.
Labeling objects while importing
You can now Label the Point features or the Centroids while importing from files or spatial tables into the drawing. Text label properties taken from fields
New GML data provider. UK Ordnance Survey data compatibility
The GML data provider has been added to the extensive list of the Spatial Manager™ data providers. You can now read GML, GZ and XML files. Good news for the UK users who can now Access the great Ordnance Survey MasterMap spatial data information
- Spatial filter to import only the objects in the current view (2)
- Elevation parameter applied to all objects (Points, Blocks, etc.) (2)
- Block names can be selected according the value of a field (2)
- The Centroids are now placed in front of the Polygons fills
- New rotation units in the Block parameters (2)
- Non-numeric fields are now valid Parameters for Blocks, Elevations or Thickness (2)
- OpenStreetMap lets you now choose the fields to read
- SQL Server parameter to select the syntax for new date fields
- WFS spatial boundaries when importing
- New ‘Create shortcut from path’ allows you define Shortcuts for network addresses
- Random colors for new Layers have been enhanced
- New image formats for user symbols (PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP) (1)
Performance and compatibility news
- Drawing the objects once imported is almost instantaneous (2)
- Remarkable speed-up when reading geometries
- Centroids calculation methods improved
- Blocks properties (Name and Attribute values) are shown in the application Palette
- Exporting to KML or KMZ files performance has been significantly improved
- Application loading times reduced
- Trial version less restrictive: 75% of the objects are processed anyway
- AutoCAD 2017 compatibility (and many other Autodesk 2017 products) (3)
- BricsCAD 16 compatibility (4)
- Windows 10 compatible
(1) Desktop only
(2) AutoCAD and BricsCAD only
(3) AutoCAD only
(4) BricsCAD only
Note: some functions are available on the “Standard” and/or “Professional” editions only
Download Canada Lands Digital Cadastral Data
Canada Lands digital cadastral data is used to define internal and external boundaries of Canada Lands. Canada Lands are any federal Crown lands belonging to the Crown, that are situated in Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut or in any National Park or Indian Reserve, as defined by the Indian Act. For more specific info about check out Canada Lands see Surveys, Parcel and Tenure on Canada Lands by Dr. Brian Ballantyne.
Digital cadastral data of Canada Lands depicting the internal and external boundaries is managed by Natural Resources Canada, and is made available for public use in a variety of formats. Several pre-made mapping products related to Canada Lands are available, a Canada Lands Google Earth file, and Canada Lands digital cadastral data in CAD or GIS formats. Pre-made maps are provided in PDF format at National and regional scales.
Links to download Canada Lands digital cadastral datasets:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Canada Lands Mapping Applications
The Canada Lands overlay in Google Earth KMZ format, is a handy file providing information for boundaries and parcels of National Parks, Indian Reserves, National Parks and the territories and links to digital cadastral datasets and survey plans and related maps. The KMZ file is dynamic so only needs to be downloaded once, and automatically updates via the internet.
The Canada Lands Survey System online map browser is another application by Natural Resources Canada created to help locate digital cadastral datasets and survey plans of Canada Lands. The search tools included are great for finding survey plans and related maps related to internal and external boundaries of Canada Lands.
iVAULT Web GIS Mobile is released!
Vancouver, BC – June 3rd, 2013 – Pacific Alliance Technologies announced today that they have released iVAULT Mobile and that it has has exceeded clients expectations. iVAULT Mobile was first released to some of their clients and who tested and provided feedback that was incorporated into the final version.
“I like how iVAULT Mobile feels and it is working extremely well” – Richard Bennett, Geomatics Manager – City of Lloydminster
“iVAULT Mobile has significantly increased information accessibility by connecting to millions of iOS devices. It puts a large amount of detailed information on a very portable device” – Lionel Wang, GIS Coordinator – City of Port Coquitlam
- Zoom to current location and view nearby assets
- Create, edit, and analyze CAD and GIS data
- Provide easy and timely data collection
- Maintain the corporate database from the field
- Increase productivity of the mobile workforce
- Improve efficiency and accuracy of field operations
- Increase citizen engagement
With iVAULT Mobile, your business workflows can be enhanced by connecting them to field assets.
- Some municipal operations that iVAULT Mobile can support and enhance:
- As-built inspection
- Bylaw infraction
- Fire hydrant maintenance
- Meter reading
- Public service requests
- Other processes include:
- damage assessment
- wildlife/health reporting
- emergency response
- Full Administrator to set up your mobile site for various roles in a point-and-click interface
- Take advantage of Mobile-specific tools, like GPS and camera, for your GIS needs
- Work seamlessly on smart phones and tablets
- Overlay your data on Google maps
- Spatial tools: Bookmarks, Generate Buffer, GPS Location, Load User Layer, Measure, Quick Maps, Global Search, Redlining, Select In View, Select Nearest, Zoom To XY, Locate And Inspect Assets, Add Events, and much more.
Built with HTML5 and currently optimized for the iOS platform.
iVAULT is PAT’s web-based mapping solution that allows organizations to easily benefit from linking their existing data to a location. iVAULT is compatible with leading technologies: ArcGIS, MapGuide and Google. iVAULT is also integrated with our StarDyne sister companies’ software: Diamond, WorkTech, Vadim, Tempest – along with other leading financial and asset management software products. With iVAULT you can find, report-on and analyze your assets in the context of the neighboring historical and as-built information along with data from any of your business systems. http://ivault.pat.ca/
About Pacific Alliance Technologies:
Pacific Alliance Technologies (PAT) is a leading provider of CAD, GIS, web-based mapping and asset management software, specializing in the customization, implementation, training and support of these solutions. The company’s mission is to develop and implement GIS and Asset Management solutions that will help sharpen your competitive edge; enhance strategic planning and decision making; and increase your organization’s productivity. We configure our solutions to meet your needs. http://pat.ca/
Ronnie Wahi, General Manager
The City of Terrace (British Columbia) hosted a public web mapping application that was developed on Autodesk MapGuide 6.5 technology. This site was used extensively by realtors, developers, the general public and internal staff to access maps, databases and reports related to geographic features.
In the earlier days of web GIS, the MapGuide 6.5 application was the best on the market for serving spatial data to the web due to its client side applet. However, over time, web technologies evolved and the client side architecture became a security risk and a development liability. In 2008 Autodesk decommissioned the MapGuide 6.5 application. As a result the City wanted to enhance its online GIS services and provide increased functionality to internal staff using the latest server side MapGuide Open Source technology.
The City purchased iVAULT MapGuide with the Administration module to replace the existing MapGuide 6.5 application. iVAULT is a web based application that allows organizations, to quickly and easily publish GIS content to the web. You do not need a background in programming to use iVAULT. It allows organizations to easily benefit from linking their existing data to a location and visually see the asset you are managing adding value to your business processes.
The City benefitted from the service-oriented architecture of the iVAULT Administrator to provide a fast, scalable, and cross platform web GIS application to realtors, developers, the general public and internal staff. iVAULT makes use of open source components to support rich access to spatial data in both vector and raster formats and provides a full suite of tools for map interaction, reporting, analysis, editing and printing. Using MapGuide Studio, the City was able to produce visually stunning cartographic maps and serve those maps to a wide audience. Pacific Alliance Technologies current hosts the new TerraMap site http://terrace.pat.ca and have written very elaborate FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) scripts. This keeps the data in the development environment within the City of Terrace current, along with the live hosted environment within the PAT collocation.
The City now has a fully supported and integrated web based GIS system that facilitates quality decision making. With iVAULT, the City benefits from improved strategic and financial planning. It also provides reliable and meaningful access to the City’s spatial and attribute data. iVAULT’s “Self Service” approach to GIS, has introduced efficiencies in the City’s workflows and provides easy access and increased utilization of City’s existing the resources. iVAULT provides a solution that facilitates the provision and maintenance of timely, accurate and complete data and is scalable for future integration with additional data sources. The easy to use Administration module replaces custom development with point and click configurability- empowering Terrace staff to administer the site themselves.Pacific Alliance Technologies, a member of StarDyne Technologies, provides proven CAD and GIS solutions and services for local and regional governments. Easy, flexible and affordable, Pacific Alliance’s solutions enable government staff to manage, query and analyze spatial, attribute and Asset and Financial information. Delivered via a web browser, data is integrated from multiple sources to deliver a solution that streamlines Asset Management and facilitates self-service for the public. With a combined 120+ years of technical experience, Pacific Alliance is lauded in the industry as a GIS technology and service provider.
For more information about Pacific Alliance Technologies, visit http://ivault.pat.ca or www.pat.ca. call them at 1.877.691.9171, or email email@example.com.
[Case study republished with permissiom from Pacific Alliance Technologies]
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info
Latest Geomatics Sector News, Events, Geo Books and more
- GIS and Geospatial Events in 2020January 9, 2020 - 6:52 pm
- Canadian Space Technology Startup SkyWatch to Make Satellite Data Easily AccessibleJanuary 8, 2020 - 9:33 am
- Geo-technologies for Resource Management Conference and COGS Industry ExpoJanuary 7, 2020 - 11:51 am
- Atlas of Mi’kmaw Place NamesDecember 18, 2019 - 11:00 am