Our ever evolving Geomatics industry has lead to increased demands for specialized GIS training, and Canada has remained on top of the leading GIS education providers for many years. Here are some of the best Colleges and Universities that offer GIS related programs. This page was created on the site a number of years back to highlight some of the best Colleges and Universities in Canada that offer GIS related programs.
BCIT – (British Columbia Institute of Technology)
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia Program(s): Advanced Diploma
Pre Req. College or University Diploma
Info / Description:
BCIT has more then 20 years of experience delivering advanced GIS technology programs and courses to Canadians, their GIS program has long established as one of the more reputable programs in the country for producing highly skilled and sought-after graduates.
The BCIT programs were designed for university or college graduates that have a background in a related discipline, the program helps establish GIS skills and incorporates them to work ethics where students can practice real world situations with real industry research projects or workplace practicum. The BCIT program is available as a part-time basis as well with completion ranging from 2-4 years.
3699 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, British Columbia
(604) 432-8378 Polytechnic Institute firstname.lastname@example.org
See the BCIT GIS program page for more details.
If you are a student, facility or someone who has any more knowledge, feedback or comments to share about the GIS program at BCIT then I encourage you to share it . You can either use the contribute more info form or the comment functionality below.
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info
Latest Geomatics Sector News, Events, Geo Books and more
- Become a Presenter at Blue Marble’s 2019 Virtual User ConferenceDecember 11, 2018 - 8:20 pm
- How to create the most realistic 3D vehicle simulations in Google Earth [free webinar]December 4, 2018 - 8:43 pm
- Government of CanadaGeoConnections announces the Invitation for Projects for Fiscal Years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020November 30, 2018 - 1:21 pm
- Esri Designates GEO Jobe as a Release Ready Specialty PartnerNovember 29, 2018 - 12:00 pm