GIS Conferences and Events in Canada
[page last updated March 2016]
Attending professional GIS conferences or geomatics related events is always a great way to stay current with what is happening in the geomatics industry and provides amble opportunity to enjoy a good time while networking and mingling with others in the geomatics sector.
Many professional organizations across Canada offer great geomatics related conferences and events every year, so we created the Canadian GIS Conference and Events section on CanadianGIS.com as a way to provide the geospatial community with free information about the various related conferences, events, workshops, training seminars and webinars that are being offered.
Our events section includes a variety events related to GIS, remote sensing, surveying, cartography, geography and all other geomatics disciplines (and from British Columbia to Newfoundland).
We are fortunate enough to be able to attend several GIS conference and events every year all across Canada so we also post summaries of past events (when we can) with photos for those that were not fortunate enough to attend but wanted to know how the conference or event turned out.
Listed below are some of the upcoming GIS conferences, events and webinars. If you know of one that is not listed in our events section or are planning a geomatics related conference or event and would like to have it listed for free and promoted out through the Canadian GIS & Geomatics networks then let us know.
[Note: This is a dynamic page that is updated regularly – so check back often]
2016 GIS Conference and Events
- February 2 – 3 (London, Ontario) –Turning Precision Agriculture Potential into Profit
- February 4 (Ottawa, Ontario) –PCI Geomatics User Group Meeting
- February 17 (Winnipeg, Manitoba) – MGUG 2016 Winter Workshop and AGM
- February 24 (London, Ontario) – AOLS AGM
- May 4 (Mississauga, Ontario) – URISA Ontario’s BeSpatial 2016
- May 4 to 6 (Edmonton, Alberta) – ACLS Surveyors Conference & AGM Gateway North: Traversing the currents
- May 4 to 6 (Halifax, Nova Scotia) – CAG 2016 AGM
- June 7 to 9 (Winnipeg, Manitoba) – Canadian Cartographic Association Conference
- June 7 to 9 (Winnipeg, Manitoba) – Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing
- October 19 – 20 (Montreal, Quebec) – Géomatique 2016
- October 31 – November 3 (Toronto, Ontario) – GIS-Pro 2016 URISA’s 54th Annual Conference
- More Information on GIS Conferences and Events in Canada
- Submit Information on GIS Conferences and Events in Canada
Past GIS Conference and Events
[This page was originally published May 2010]