Cartographica Call For Papers
Cartographica is an international and interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal that publishes transformative research, education, and practice contributions to the social, political, technological, and historical aspects of cartography.
An official publication of the Canadian Cartographic Association, Cartographica provides a forum for the exchange of original perspectives and innovative findings in the production, design, use, cognitive understanding, and novel applications of maps in arts, cartography, computer science, economy, engineering, geography, history, medicine, health, and surveying. The current Editor-in-Chief is Emmanuel Stefanakis from the University of New Brunswick.
The editorial team of Cartographica invites the participants of the 43rd Annual Conference of the Canadian Cartographic Association (COGS, Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia; May 30 – June 2, 2018) to submit a full paper describing original research contribution in all aspects of Cartography. The papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be presented at the Conference and be published in the Fall issue of Cartographica (volume 53, issue 4). In the event of sufficient submissions an entire special issue will be dedicated.
Please submit manuscripts through the CCA online peer review management system ScholarOneManuscripts by the specified deadline below. Prior to submitting your manuscript, you will have to register for an account if you do not already have one. When you submit the manuscript, please follow these instructions:
- Select the article type as “Special Issue.”
- Paper submissions must be up to 6,000 words long and contain the title and abstract. Upload the file designation as the “Main Document.”
- Include a title page with the author(s) name(s), affiliation(s), contact details (post, phone, fax, email), and a brief biography of author(s) (up to 100 words). Upload the title page as a separate document with the file designation as “Supplemental File NOT for Review” and order this document first. (If you include a cover letter to the editor, please also select the file designation as “Supplemental File NOT for Review” and order the cover letter first, the title page second, and the main document third.)
- Authors may wish to refer to Cartographica’s submission guidelines.
Paper Submission March 5, 2018
Decisions to Authors April 16, 2018
Presentation at the Conference May 30 – June 2, 2018
Revised-paper Submission July 31, 2018
Cartographica is available in print and online via two platforms: Cartographica Online and Project Muse. The journal attracts approximately 26,500 TOC views and 26,000 article downloads each year.
University of Toronto Press Journals works with authors to promote and increase the visibility of their articles before, during, and after publication.
Share this entry
Content Added to Site Recently
- Historic Maps of Prince Edward IslandJuly 30, 2021 - 1:00 pm
- GIS jobs in MontrealJuly 1, 2021 - 6:40 pm
- Official Canadian Geographical Names DataMay 21, 2021 - 10:22 am
- Connecting the Dots for Multi-Dimensional Mapping – CCA Conference May 25-27thMay 17, 2021 - 8:44 pm
- City of Saint John Maps, Plans and Historical DataMay 4, 2021 - 2:14 pm
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Canadian GIS Education Programs
Contribute Canadian GIS Information, Education Program, Open Data or any other Canadian Geospatial related Info